ATTENTION All Parents
Sturgeon Lake Minor Hockey always wants to keep players, coaches, and parents safety in mind given the current situation we face today.
*** Please note COKL Phase 2 protocols are not related to the Stages as outlined by the OHF and OMHA as they are totally different ***
Phase 2 has been released by the City of Kawartha Lakes and as an Association we have several items that parents need to understand with Phase 2. Please read all the information as Parents will not be allowed into the arena if protocols are not followed.
1) The entry time has not changed for entrance into the arena. This will continue to be at 10 mins before the ice time.
2) Players are to still come partially dressed even if the dressing rooms are open as per Phase 2. This means a player cannot come inside with their “street clothes’” on expecting to get fully dressed in the dressing room if open. There is no showers available for use either.
3) Players, parents and coaches will again only have 10 mins to vacate the arena
4) PARENTS ENTERING THE ARENA ( Parents at all levels SLMHA STRONGLY RECOMMENDS that you do not enter the arena unless absolutely necessary. This only adds to possible exposure risks to players, coaches, and parents when you add more people to the arena. We hope that parents will understand and use proper judgment when it comes to the decision on whether or not they come into the arena. There is a traffic flow diagram in the arena to show where parents are to go and where not to go. At this time the players are still in development practices and we have been given no indication as to when any type of games will start.
Parents that wish to enter the arena will have to complete the following, or they will not be allowed in:
- Parents will go in at the same time as players and coaches 10 mins before practice ( no exceptions )
- Only one parent per participant is allowed into the arena. ( no exceptions )
- Once parents are inside the arena they are in until the end of practice. They cannot come and go.
- Complete the same online prescreening tool their child has to do ( no exceptions )
- Wear a mask into the arena and the mask has to remain on until they leave the arena ( no exceptions )
- Parents have to get their attendance taken by the COVID Rep at that level when they enter and when they exit the arena ( no exceptions )
- Only parents in levels U11 and under are allowed into dressing rooms to help their child. Please no loitering in dressing rooms ( no exceptions )
- Parents have to follow traffic flow as per City of Kawartha Lakes ( no exceptions )
- Physical distancing must be observed at all times. Parents cannot be in groups having “social hour” ( no exceptions )
- No loitering in the arena after your child’ s ice time. You are to immediately leave the arena and check out with the COVID Rep ( no exceptions )
- No outside food or drink allowed (water bottles for players are the exception)
**** parents who are in violation of any of the rules outlined by the City or Sturgeon Minor Hockey could result in loss of ice time for the level their child is in and possibly for the remainder of the season***
Sturgeon Lake Minor Hockey needs all parents to understand that these protocols are set out by the City of Kawartha Lakes. Sturgeon Lake Minor Hockey is responsible to make sure all players, coaches, and parents are following all rules, so we appreciate that all parents take a moment to think about how necessary it is to be in the arena at this point.
PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED TWO DOCUMENTS