The Provincial Government along with the City of Kawartha Lakes have changed their ice use protocol.
Keep reading for the updates
It is exciting to see that spectators will now be allowed to attend games/practices as the capacity limits have been lifted. The rules on entry have not changed and you still have to be vaccinated if over the age of 12 and wish to be a spectator.
That being said, we ask that parents, players, and family members still prescreen and comply with tracing efforts.
Other items that have changed:
1) entry time restriction has been removed. We ask that you do not enter the arena more than 1/2hr before your ice time and you need to check in with your COVID-19 rep until further notice.
2) players now have 20mins to leave arena
3) shower are now available--which will be a delight to parents with older kids in the association.
NOTE: Items that have not changed:
1) Dressing room capacity
2) bench/ on ice capacity
3) masking rules and proof of vaccination
4) no dryland or off ice training allowed inside the arena
We strongly suggest that you have your vaccination records on you or your phone at all times as these rules are changing daily and we are trying to keep up!
As an association we continue to be held accountable for the actions of our members and must enforce these protocols. We are an association of volunteers and need everyone’s understanding and cooperation.